The disease does not affect all patients in the same way. In some patients the disease progresses quickly and others do not. Although some patients become severely disabled, others experience only mild motor disorders. Trembling is the main symptom for some patients, while for others it is only a marginal phenomenon compared to other problematic symptoms.
Although the symptoms of the disease vary from patient to patient, it is found that in all patients, the disease is progressive, and over time it affects the patient's many physical and mental abilities, which over time becomes highly disabled and needs constant help, even for simple action.
For this reason we've assembeled below daily parkinson equipment assistance reccomendation from Amazon
Super Easy Grip Foam Tubing for Utensil Handles - Cut to Length Provides a Custom Wider & Larger Grip Which Fits Most Utensils - Slip Resistant - Pack of 9
- ERGONOMIC ADAPTIVE AND WIDE FOR A STEADY, EASY GRIP - This set of adaptive of foam tubing provides a wider grip for greater control and more secure grip on everyday objects.
- WORKS WITH MOST EVERY DAY CYLINDRICAL OBJECTS - Perfect for pens, pencils, markers, chalk, pastels, silverware, toothbrushes, brushes, small flashlights, lipstick, mascara and general makeup items
- GRIP UTENSILS WITH EASE - Especially helpful for those with Osteo or Rheumatoid Arthritis. You will be able to grip for hours but only feel the exhaustive strain of a few minutes' work, comfortable grip for those needing assistance such as individuals with ALS, Parkinson's Disease, Ehler-Danlos Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, neuropathy, and multiple sclerosis
- CUSTOM EASY TO CUT - Foam tubing grips come in 12” lengths this allows each tube to conveniently cover multiple objects. Simply cut with scissors, easily mark tubing at the desired length for each object.
- 9 PIECE ASSORTMENT VARIOUS DIAMETERS AND COLORS: 9 pieces of tubing. Three blue foam tubes have a diameter of 1.9cm and are perfect for knives and thicker utensils. The red foam tubes are .95cm and are most useful for spoons and forks. The smallest tubing is .6cm in diameter and is best used for pens, pencils and toothbrushes
Sammons Preston Vertical Palm Self-Handle Teaspoon, Assistive Spoon with 90º Angle Handle, Eating Utensils for Elderly, Arthritis, Weak Grip, Stroke Impairments, and Disabilities
- Teaspoon with handle bent 90° to enable a hand in mid position to function in table-to-mouth pattern
- Convienent and easy-to-use utensil handle measures 1" wide x 4" long x 2" deep and clips around the hand for easy use
- Angled design makes it easier for individuals with limited reach or who are experiencing tremors, arthritis, or other medical conditions that limit function
- Seamlessly remove and don the handle at your convience for a smooth and simpler independent eating experience
- Spoon and handle are dishwasher safe up to 180°F and are BPA, phthalates, and non latex
Daffo Green Eating Aid - Easy Adjustable Hand Strap Holder - 2 pcs/Box to Hold Utensil,pens.toothbrushes,Pencils for Hand Tremors, Parkinson, Muscle Weakness,Arthritis
- Eating Aids - Seniors Adjustable Hand Grasping Cuff - 2 pcs Packed. To Hold Utensils,Pens.Toothbrushes
EazyHold Youth to Adult Universal Cuff (5 Pack) Eating Aids for weak grip, 2 large and 3 small for Stroke, Arthritis, Adaptive Utensil Holders, Silicone
- PACK CONTAINS - 2 sizes for large adult hands and 3 smaller sizes for youth to small handed adult.
- VERSATILE - The grip assists help you grab onto a variety of utensils, tools, toys, cups, etc
- TAKE CONTROL - The cuffs hold any object in the hand or on the limb, for better control and a greater tactile experience
- EASY TO CLEAN - Dishwasher and Medical Grade Disinfectant Wipe Safe
- SIZES INCLUDE - Larger Hands may want to purchase only the Aqua and Lavender 2-Packs
Everyday Medical Assisted Eating Utensils for Tremors - Large, Easy Grip Handle Adaptive Eating Utensils - Useful for The Elderly, Arthritis Sufferers, and Shaking Or Trembling Hands (Black 4 Pack)
- 4-PIECE SET (FORK, KNIFE, AND SPOONS) ADAPTIVE UTENSILS FOR TREMORS- Adaptive disability aids silverware are the answer for individuals who struggle with hand and finger mobility and the movement of opening and closing the hand or lifting the arm for independent feeding. This 4-piece set of adaptable utensils includes an ergonomic fork, knife, and spoon with larger than average, comfort grip handles for better control and an improved grasp.
- IDEAL FOR ARTHRITIS SUFFERERS - If age, arthritis or other medical conditions prevent you or a loved one from independently eating and drinking, this set is your solution to better dining. The secure grip spoon, fork and knife that make up this 4-piece set of comfort grip utensils have been innovatively designed with large, un-weighted, easy to grip and self stabilizing handles that make them an absolute joy to use for those who suffer with arthritis or weak grip.
- RAZOR SHARP KNIFE - Trying to hold and manoeuvre eating utensils when you have rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis can be painful as these conditions attack the joints in the fingers, making your grasping ability limited. Our adaptive utensil set is the perfect eating aid for those suffering from a variety of complications. To that end, the single knife is sharpened to be razor sharp for minimal pressure required to cut up food.
- PREMIUM QUALITY CONSTRUCTION - This adaptive silverware set was made with durability and longevity in mind. Crafted from high quality, dishwasher safe and rust-proof stainless steel, our 4-piece set of cutlery for elderly and those with limited hand mobility can withstand multiple drops and ruthless handling, making them perfect for children and the elderly alike. Our eating aids can and will withstand years of use and abuse without any problem.
- SLEEK & DISCREET DESIGN - Most adaptive utensils stand out and often not in a very good way. This makes some users feel ashamed of using them. Ours definitely are not to be embarrassed about. The optimally designed and discreet handles keep our 4-piece handicap eating utensils set from standing out and drawing unnecessary attention. No longer do you have to worry about people noticing your eating tools.
Gyenno Smart Portable Spoon For Parkinson, Anti-Tremble Tableware with Intelligent Control Modules Suitable for the Post Stroke, Eating Aids for Utensils Elderly + 1 set of soft bib
- 1) GYENNO spoon is the World's Best intelligent tableware, capable of detecting and offsetting hand tremors. Especially fantastic for those who have problems with their eating. It stole the limelight at 2016 and 2017 CES! Fast delivery!( from USA warehouse) Whole-hearted service!
- 2) With easy-to-hold and non-slip ergonomic design, the GYENNO Spoon weighs just 130g making it perfectly convenient for every meal. The lightweight design improves efficiency when eating. Say goodbye to cold dinners from now on.
- 3) Minimalist but not simplistic. It integrates intelligent control modules, high-performance motor components, precise transmission structure, and high-accuracy sensors in a limited space.
- 4) Modern and sleek appearance in portable design, especially contribute to people with Parkinson hand tremors who have difficulties eating by themselves, whether at home or in public!
- 5）Made of Tritan covering, giving it tough chemical and physical resistance. The medical and anti-bacterial grade silicone top ensures a safe eating experience and is designed to last a long time.
Senior ICare Adaptive utensils - Right handed angled spoon - Curved eating cutlery - Baby or elderly - self-feeding, easy eating - Japan design
- 🥄 WRIST NO TWISTING. Special designed adaptive eating utensils for rheumatoid arthritis. The angle of spoon head is ergonomically designed in Japan and it gives much comfort for adult. Some seniors with tremors may also find it helpful. Right handed angled spoon for self feeding, left handed for feeding the one we care.
- ✅ SAFE, LIGHTWEIGHT. Angled spoon head is more difficult going straight through to throat in case of accident. Light weight plastic (0.5 oz.) is better and softer for delicate teeth and insulates heat. PP food graded plastic (widely adopted in Japan domestic market) does not leach harmful chemicals into foods or liquids. BPA and phthalates free, dishwasher, microwave, oven safe.
- 🥄 GOOD GRIPS eating aids. Curved spoon allows one with shaky hands or handicapped people to scoop food easier. It allows easier hand to mouth feeding. Easy to eat for individual with difficult time to position regular cutlery – ergonomic angled design.
- 🥄 Ideal for patient care at home or clinical setting. Special Japanese eating utensils with various details.
- 👍 90 days Refund, money back guarantee and 1 year manufacturer's warranty. If you are not satisfied with the product, we simply refund. We offer 1 year manufacturer's warranty because we have confidence on our quality. Just in case there is any issue when you get the product, simply contact us to resolve it. We will response in 24 hours.
Sammons Preston 81005586 Hi-Lo Scoop Plate, 9" Scooped Dish with Wall, Non-Slip ADL Eating Aid for Children, Elderly, Disabled, Non Skid Cutlery Assistance Device for Motor Control, Scooper Bowl
- Ergonomic plate design meant to assist individuals in guiding food onto utensils with the helped of curved wall
- Features a 1 1/2" vertical wall that helps guides food onto utensils, entry wall is 1/2" high and steadily increases upward with 3/4" rim for easy handling
- Lightweight, polypropylene 9" plate with nonskid rubber-coated base to prevent sliding keeps food in place and prevents spills
- Ideal eating solution for indiviudals who need help eating independently without the help of a caregiver, such as the elderly, handicapped, and disabled
- Top rack dishwasher safe, microwaveable, non latex plate
North Coast Medical NC35213 SureFit Plastic Food Guard, White
- Reduces spills off plate & supports independent eating
- Guard measures 1.25" high
- Fits plates with diameter of up to 10.75"
- Microwave and top rack, household dishwasher safe
Marusya Inc's No-Slip Easy Grip Cup. 12oz. Assorted Colors. Set of 4.
- Designed by Marusya Inc. in collaboration with Eddie, WWII Veteran, hand therapists, occupational therapists and rheumatologists
- Microwave and dishwasher safe, BPA free polypropylene, made in America
- Lightweight and well balanced with a superior textured grip
- Set of 4, 12 oz. cups, assorted color, travel tote included
- Found in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Museum, Gourmet Insider Magazine "Holiday Hot List", Arthritis Foundation "Arthritis Today Perfect Gifts"
Parson's Scoop Plate
Ableware Scooper Bowl with Suction Cup Base, Blue (745340000)
- Suction cup base keeps the bowl in place and reduces spilling accidents
- Measures 4 1/2 inches in diameter
- Bowl is dishwasher safe
- Molded of heat-resistant plastic
- Comes with a one year limited warranty
HEAVY Super Big Fat Weighted Pen for Tremors and Parkinson's (Twin Pack)
- WRITE smoothly and clearly again with a fat heavy pen to help control involuntary motion
- BIG! Barrel measures 1” (25.4mm) across pen grip, however you hold a pen
- HEAVY! Weighs around 3.5 oz (63g)—around the same as a C battery
- IDEAL for those with Parkinson’s, essential tremors, and similar conditions
- TWIN PACK including two pens both with LONG LASTING metal ink cartridges
Sammons Preston Easieeaters Curved Utensils, Right-handed W/shield
- This Listing Is For EasieEaters Curved Utensils - Right-Handed with Shield
- Qty : 2 pcs
- Set includes spoon and fork
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA, Phthalates and Latex free
Liftware Level Starter Kit for limited hand and arm mobility
- Level helps people with mobility issues eat more easily. It automatically keeps a utensil at the angle needed to enjoy any meal. Level is designed to accommodate limited hand and arm mobility that may be related to conditions like cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease, and post-stroke deficits.
- The Liftware Level Starter Kit includes the leveling handle and the soup spoon attachment.
- The leveling handle includes built-in sensors, a computer, and motors that help to sense and counteract unwanted motions.
- The included soup spoon attachment connects to the stabilizing handle to pick up food such as soups, cereals and other liquids. The soup spoon attachment holds about 1 tablespoon (15mL) of liquid.
- Travel pouch, hand straip and charger included. Other attachments (fork attachment) sold separately.